Google+

Saturday, April 14, 2012

The Ultimate Blog Party 2012

Ultimate Blog Party 2012 
 I came across this Blog Party this morning as I was catching up on my emails.  Thank you, Stephanie, from The Art of Social Media. I decided that I was in need of a Blog Party to meet new bloggers and maybe even jump start my writing. To participate, I've got to introduce myself. So, if you're new, welcome!

The Summer Me
My name is Laurie.  I live in North Carolina with my husband and two dogs.  I am the former owner of Lulu and Daisy.  I spent several years painting monogrammed key fobs and wine stoppers selling them all over the country.  I showed at the Gift Market in Atlanta and met some of the greatest women in business for themselves.  I still keep in touch with a lot of them.  I started my blog during that time.  It was a way to communicate to my wholesale and retail customers my new ideas, notes from the studio, and a way to offer giveaways and discounts.


Today, I spend my working hours at Ralph Lauren as an analyst in the Lauren Home Bed and Bath division.  I love my job.  I kept my blog, though, to keep in touch with friends and family and anyone else I meet along the way.  I write about my life, my opinions, my favorite finds, and to connect with other bloggers (I am a networking junkie).


I love to paint with acrylics, but I am learning to work with oils.  I enjoy art of all kinds.  I have 3 nephews and 4 nieces (and one on the way) that I enjoy spoiling and spending time with when I can.  My parents and siblings all live nearby, so we're a tight-knit group.  I also love the beach and am learning to love spending weekends in the mountains snow skiing in the winter (when we have a winter in NC).


You can find me on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest on the right.  Join me on my life's little adventure, won't you?


Happy Saturday!
xoxo,
Laurie



9 comments:

jesterqueen said...

{Waves hi!}
I'm visiting from the blog party. I love the beach, too! I'm curious - your job sounds fascinating. What do you analyze? Market trends? Or do you have like test groups in to figure out what appeals to folks?

Anyway, nice to meet you.

Jessie the Jester Queen
http://jesterqueen.com

Kimberly said...

Hi, I found you on the Ultimate Blog Party and had to see what you are about. First of all I love the look of your blog. Love the pink & green. :) When I read your profile I thought WAY Cool. And I loved seeing the pics of Daisy. Looking forward to reading more of your blog. :)

Angela V said...

Thanks for stopping by OneSmileyMonkey :) Totally looking forward to reading more! Love that you work at Ralph Lauren :)
Happy UBP12!

GLENDA CHILDERS said...

Your headers is so charming and welcoming.

I am popping over from UBP to say hi. Hope your enjoying party week.

Fondly,
Glenda

Annie said...

Hi! I really admire your artistic talent. I am a writer, not a painter. If you saw me try and paint a ceramic statuette you'd hang your head in shame LOL!

Have a fabulous week!

Yoli N. said...

Hi there! Nice to meet you! Sounds like you are creative, with an awesome job! I'm here from the blog party. Following from the Networked Blogs

The Crazy Busy Bunch said...

Found you through UBP12.

North Carolina is my happy place. I am from Canada but all my vacations tend to be to NC. Love it! Look forward to reading more on your site.

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Love yoiur blog...so glad I stopped by...


So much fun party hopping....meeting new friends and finding old ones...I just added another great prize to my giveaways...so now you have 3 good prizes...I would love for you to win. A comment is all it takes..Hope you will also stop by my Pinterest boards....I have over 900
http://pinterest.com/tpowell2/
Teresa
http://teresa-grammygirlfriend.blogspot.com/
http://grammyababychangeseverything.blogspot.com/

Graceful Mom said...

Hi, sorry it took me so long to visit you back. Thanks for coming over to my blog and leaving a comment during UBP 2012! In case you forgot, I am that blogger from Dubai! Nice to meet you! :)

Grace @ sandierpastures.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Daisy Knows Best!

Daisy Knows Best!